Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Lord Really Is Our Rear Guard

I've been going through some very real stresses lately that have driven me even deeper and further in prayer. I think I have a pretty good prayer life, but it is getting better.

God spoke to me last night, after a very trying day, and led me to Isaiah 50: 7-8a which says: "Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore have I set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame. He who vindicates me is near".

It is a wonderful truth that God will not let His children, who love and obey His commands (Jn 14:21), to be vanquished. He is the one who upholds us by His righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10 gives us this wonderful promise and hope in stating: "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand". After meditating upon this truth for about an hour, I entered into His presence with thanksgiving and praise. As a result, I truly was not encumbered by the effects of my very trying day. I became victorious because I entered into the presence of the Victorious King.

Isaiah tells us in 50:7b to set our faces like flint. God's presence changes our hearts which, in turn, causes us to change our disposition, which include even our facial expressions. Because the Lord helps us, we must dictate to our natural man/woman (our emotions and will) how it will act, regardless of the outward circumstances and situations. We overcome by entering into God and His Word, confessing His Truths, and then proclaiming it to our circumstances. Either our lives or circumstances (or both) will change because all things come under the authority of the Word, as we surrender those things and our lives to the Father. Watch Him change us and the world around us, when we take our stand on the Word of God.

God is our rear guard, side guard and vanguard. He is the one who preserves, protects, and causes us to live in victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment